Spring is here and the weather is starting to break. I am loving the 70 degree days because I am quite tired of being cold. It is time to let our hair down and have a touch of fun. However, before we get to enjoy the spring, we have to deal with tax season. Ugh!
I love seeing the goodies my fellow beauty junkies buy with their refunds. It is my chance to live vicariously through them for just a moment. If I did receive a tax refund, there are a few items on my beauty wishlist that I would purchase. Let’s call this my “Tax Relief Beauty Wishlist.” You can’t blame a girl for dreaming. Hehe
1. Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X Deluxe Kit– The remover uses the same technology used by dermatologists for in-office hair removal. The Tria laser is designed for at-home hair removal treatments. Retail: $449 Remover Only or $475 Kit w/Calming Gel
I am quite the furry little critter. (Yes, I just referred to myself as a critter.) If I could, I would have laser removal from top to bottom. However, that will never happen. The next best thing for me is to permanently remove my fur hair from home because it is a lot cheaper.
2. Clarisonic Plus – Face and body sonic cleansing system. A full-body cleanser with 3 speeds and a body mode. The Clarisonic Plus has an adjustable timer and interchangeable brush heads. The kit comes with a body brush head, sensitive brush head, sample body cleanser, and charging cradle. Retail: $225
I have seen nothing but rave reviews about this system. I have the Olay version because it was more beauty on a budget friendly. I know some may look at me like I’m crazy but I have yet to talk myself into upgrading. I do love that it has multiple attachments because my cleanser only has one with two speeds.
3. Temptu Airbrush Deluxe Signature Kit – Sheer, weightless, buildable, and natural-looking coverage in an easy-to-use kit. Designed to give professional results in less time than applying traditional products. Retail: $235 Deluxe Signature Kit (compressor, foundation, highlighter, bronzer, concealer, and blush)
Temptu recently released the Kaleidoscope line and they have a purple compressor with my name on it. I wear makeup for a polished look not for corrective purposes. I can get away with only a concealer for my under-eyes. So, I am more of a sheer coverage fan and I would love to try an airbrush makeup system. I think it would give me more control of my coverage and I would be able to obtain the perfect, no makeup makeup look.
4. Croc Infrared Flat Iron – A conditioning straightener that seals in moisture and adds shine. The dual plates heat up quickly and allow for even heat distribution. The infrared system kills bacteria and prevents hair odor while maintaining hair moisture balance. Retail: $195 (Yes, I threw a little hair on my beauty wishlist. It fits!)
I have only read a few reviews about this flat iron. I think it is more because of price, not quality. I love that it is less damaging to hair than my knock-off version. Yes, I have the Sally’s version of the Croc Flat Iron and I’m sure it does not come close to the real thing. I must have it! I plan to flat iron my hair more now that I have reached Hip Length and this one would be perfect.
I initially only wanted the Croc Infrared, but the manufacturer just came out with the Greenion Ultrasonic Flat Iron. The new flat iron uses magnetic waves to promote healthier hair. The ultrasonic waves reduce the size of water molecules to allow hair to absorb water. It seals the cuticle to lock water and protein in without the use of heat. This is not a flat iron but a treatment iron. I like the concept, but I wonder how it would work for me. Retail: $195
I guess I can add both since they are by the same company. 🙂 I wonder if I can get a discount on both. LOL!
5. Bdellium Makeup Brush Sets –Studio Luxury 24 pc set The brush set includes brushes for eyes, face, and body makeup. Retail: $165 and Studio Eyes 12 pc set retails for $56. (Currently out of stock…should tell you something)
Bdellium brushes have an anti-bacterial technology, which makes them perfect for this OCD Diva. I have heard nothing but good things about the line. I’ve heard reviews from my MUA friends who use them on a regular basis. We all know makeup application is part skill but also part tools. If you have the right brushes, it can make the world of difference. Let me be honest, I have better application and tool wear from my MAC brushes than I do my $1 ELF brushes. Bdellium brushes are a blend of quality and affordability that I need, love, and prefer.
Bonus: I would love the entire line of Origins Plantscription. What? I thought I would slide that in there too. 🙂
These are just a few things on my beauty wishlist. I think these are the most important to me and the items that I will purchase sometime in the near future. Granted, an unexpected refund or a lottery win would speed the process up a bit.
What beauty items would you buy with a tax refund? What items are on your beauty wishlist?Sponsored Post