Winter is officially here and I am in hiding! It’s alligator skin season and I have five winter must-haves that keep my hair and skin in shape during this time of year. You may wonder why I mentioned alligators in a beauty post. Well, I have eczema and if I do not stay moisturized, I promise my skin cracks and resembles an alligator. I am truly not a fan of winter.
When my daughters were younger they thought it was fun to write their names on my dry skin. Yes, my arms and legs became a canvas for my crazy girls. Now, I will spare you the details of the joys of an eczema flare, but if you have it, you know the fun of this wonderful condition. *insert sarcasm and side-eye*
Anywho, I have a few items that help me survive the cold winter months. I wanted to share my tops five items that are my winter must-haves that I can’t live without. It would not be pretty if I ever lost any of these items.
- EOS Lip Balm – My lips absolutely love this lip balm. I currently have four backups. I use the EOS Lip Balm all year round but during the winter, it is a must to keep my lips in tip-top kissing condition. 😉
- The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream – I have used this and the butter for years. It soothes my hands and prevents flares. My hands are worst during the winter because I also have OCD to add to having eczema. I am constantly washing my hands and when combined with the cold air, it’s a recipe for a severe flare on the back of my hands. No fun…no fun at all!
- CapriClear Coconut Oil Spray – I absolutely hate the feel of anything oily or greasy and this product is perfect for me. It does not leave me feeling greasy and it keeps my skin moisturized. It is super easy to spray on and sometimes I do not bother to rub it in. I just spray and go. LOL!
- Josie Maran Argan Oil – I use this oil from top to bottom, literally. I use it on my hair to seal in my moisturizer. I mix a little with my facial moisturizer. Lastly, I add a few drops in my bath water for a little wintertime soak.
- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose – My love of this conditioner goes back to 2009. I mix a little of this with Hemp Seed Oil and my hair is a happy camper. Yes, my hair gets just as dry as my skin. It’s a hard life for my poor skin. Ha!
This week is the coldest week so far this season. If you need me I will be hiding under my covers and checking out what the rest of the ladies must-have items.
Woohoo… I see some of my favorites in this list 😉
Honeygirlk recently posted…Honey’s Winter Beauty Staples – The Beauty Council
Kath TheFabZilla says
LOL on alligator, says croc me! Great to see TBS again!
Kath TheFabZilla recently posted…My Winter Staples
eos! yes yes yes!!
Destany recently posted…Winter Beauty Staples!
Cosmetics Aficionado says
I’ve heard a lot of good things about that Josie Maran oil.
Cosmetics Aficionado recently posted…Winter Beauty Essentials From The Beauty Council
[email protected] says
The Body Shop hand creams are the bomb! I have been way too obsessed with my Farm House Fresh right now, and ummm… I totally need that Coconut Oil Spray it sounds dream! Great picks!
[email protected] recently posted…The Beauty Council | Winter Skin Care MUST Haves…
The coconut oil spray was an accidental arrival and I love it.
The Honeysuckle Rose conditioner sounds beautiful! I’m going to have to try it. I also love anything from The Body Shop. I’ll have to try the liquid coconut oil. Sounds like a less messy way to use it! 🙂
Everyone has posted about The Body Shop- they do winter skin right!
Justina recently posted…Winter Skincare Staples
Girl, yeeessss! The Body Shop is awesomeness in a tube!!!
TBS hand creams are perfect for Winter!
Anastasia recently posted…What Are Your Beauty Staples for Winter?
Aren’t they and people just don’t know how good they are. I’ve used both so long that I have a container with the original packaging. lol
That Aubrey Organics HSR conditioner is amazing! I used to stock up on it whenever it went on-sale.
I believe it. That stuff is awesomeness.
Lmao that Gatorade mere!!! that made my morning! I am a collector or EOS lip balms I love them they are so cute. I need to try out the coconut spray I hate feeling greasy too, that may be why I haven’t added it to my skin routine now that I think about it so I’m really going to have to try this. Great list!
jessica recently posted…Winter Beauty Staples Beauty Council Edition
There is nothing like a smack talking alligator to get your day started. I was hoping someone would see the humor in him when I made it. lol
Janine Huldie says
Totally agree with all of the above, especially the first one with the EOS Lip Balm. Totally love that stuff and use it all the time now, too 🙂
Janine Huldie recently posted…Smartphone Addiction – Unplugging More for 2015 Wonderful Wednesday
I’m so addicted to EOS. I’m to post a pic of my mini collection one day. lol