Winter is officially here and I am in hiding! It’s alligator skin season and I have five winter must-haves that keep my hair and skin in shape during this time of year. You may wonder why I mentioned alligators in a beauty post. Well, I have eczema and if I do not stay moisturized, I promise my skin cracks and resembles an alligator. I am truly not a fan of winter.
When my daughters were younger they thought it was fun to write their names on my dry skin. Yes, my arms and legs became a canvas for my crazy girls. Now, I will spare you the details of the joys of an eczema flare, but if you have it, you know the fun of this wonderful condition. *insert sarcasm and side-eye*
Anywho, I have a few items that help me survive the cold winter months. I wanted to share my tops five items that are my winter must-haves that I can’t live without. It would not be pretty if I ever lost any of these items.
- EOS Lip Balm – My lips absolutely love this lip balm. I currently have four backups. I use the EOS Lip Balm all year round but during the winter, it is a must to keep my lips in tip-top kissing condition. 😉
- The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream – I have used this and the butter for years. It soothes my hands and prevents flares. My hands are worst during the winter because I also have OCD to add to having eczema. I am constantly washing my hands and when combined with the cold air, it’s a recipe for a severe flare on the back of my hands. No fun…no fun at all!
- CapriClear Coconut Oil Spray – I absolutely hate the feel of anything oily or greasy and this product is perfect for me. It does not leave me feeling greasy and it keeps my skin moisturized. It is super easy to spray on and sometimes I do not bother to rub it in. I just spray and go. LOL!
- Josie Maran Argan Oil – I use this oil from top to bottom, literally. I use it on my hair to seal in my moisturizer. I mix a little with my facial moisturizer. Lastly, I add a few drops in my bath water for a little wintertime soak.
- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose – My love of this conditioner goes back to 2009. I mix a little of this with Hemp Seed Oil and my hair is a happy camper. Yes, my hair gets just as dry as my skin. It’s a hard life for my poor skin. Ha!
This week is the coldest week so far this season. If you need me I will be hiding under my covers and checking out what the rest of the ladies must-have items.