I love the versatility of having natural hair. The ability to wear your hair with your hair curly or straight is amazing. When I heard about the Uncle Funky’s Daughter Maximum Thermal Protection line, I had high hopes. My goal is to become a heat-trained natural. If that doesn’t work, it’s back to the creamy crack I go!
I saw the set of Uncle Funky’s Daugther on the Curl Box site and decided to give it a try. It’s been a while since I’ve worn my hair straight, and this product line was just what I needed to give me the push to straighten my hair. The price was great and I heard so many great things about Uncle Funky’s products. There was even a buzz on Instagram about Uncle Funky’s Daughter Maximum Thermal Protection. So you know my inner product junkie just had to have it.
Now, you know I’m going to be honest about how the line worked for me. But before you watch my review, here are the products in the collection.
Uncle Funky’s Daughter Maximum Thermal Protection Kit
- Purifying Cleanser – I loved the shampoo. It made my curls pop and clump. At this point, I had high hopes.
2. Deep Conditioner– At this point, I was starting to get worried. This conditioner is definitely protein-rich. Unfortunately, I’m
protein sensitive so this was not a match for my hair.
3. Split End Serum – I feel this product is pointless and unnecessary. I would recommend a good trim instead of using this serum.
4. Primer – While the whole line is based on heat protection, this is the actual heat protector to use prior to heat styling.
5. 3 in 1 Shine Booster – OMG! I love this oil! It’s extremely lightweight and doesn’t weigh your hair down. I love the shine that it gives my hair. This is my favorite product out of the whole line.
Product Video Review
I hope you enjoy it and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
In the end, I would not buy this line again based on my hair goals. As I stated in the video, if your goal isn’t super straight hair, this will be perfect for you. This will also work if you like to blow dry your hair and wear it with a blow-dried look. If you would like to purchase the kit, check out the Uncle Funky’s DaughterUncle Funky’s Daughter site.