I changed things up this week and we had a henna wash day. Cherrelle (my hair) absolutely loves henna and other Ayurvedic powders. She has been at her healthiest and grown the most when I use henna in my regimen. So, you know it’s time to add it back.
Now, it is still summer to me but the kids have gone back to school here. However, Cherrelle is not worried about that she said it’s summer still and she wants to do some wash n go’s. In my last wash day post, I shared that she has been asking for me to let her loose to do her thang and I finally agreed.
So, if you follow me on Instagram, get ready for selfies with big hair. It’s coming and don’t say I didn’t warn you. LOL!
Anywho, let’s get down to business. You know I will cut up all day if you let me. *Singing, “I gotta be me!”
Pre-Poo – I steamed my hair to open my cuticles. Then I kicked off this henna wash day by using my Jamila henna mix as the pre-poo. My hair was still damp from steaming and I always apply on damp hair.
- Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave in
- Giovanni Direct Leave in
- Dudley’s PCA Moisture Retention
- Saravun’s Broccoli Hair Butter (first time trying…shopping my stash again for unopened products.)
- Herbal Essences’ Touchably Smooth Split End Protector (just on the last 3″)
- Perfectly Pure’s Shea Butter to seal my ends (this is not a whipped shea butter)
After everything was completed, I just put my hair up in these two buns and called it a day. LOL!
How was your latest wash day? Did you try anything new?