If a Chia Pet were a person, it would be me. I’m just furry by nature, and it drives me batty. Even my father has joked on me about being a hairy beast. LOL! But, it’s all good! I have learned different techniques to tame my inner furry beast. I have been shaving my face in some form for many years. In the last few years, I have nailed down a solid regiment for dermaplaning at home. While I don’t use a scalpel that they use in spas, I use the next best thing for at-home use, a face shaver.
I’m sharing how to dermaplane at home safely. This can be done with or without oil. I recommend using oil if you have dry skin.
How to Dermaplane At Home
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Helps reduce the appearance of acne scars
- Helps prevent acne breakouts
- Creates a smooth canvas for makeup application
- Exfoliates and removes dead skin
- Helps promote collagen production
- Removes unwanted hair
- Helps minimize pores
If you dermaplane at home, please be careful.
- Ensure that you clean your skin and your shaver before beginning. This will help decrease the chances of infection
- If you knick your face, apply a thin layer of triple antibiotic ointment
- Take your time and go slow
- If you have any anxiety about doing this at home, don’t. Go to a professional.
If you have any questions, please ask them in the comment section.