Do you want to have lipstick with staying power? Hate reapplying often? Let me share how to make lipstick last using six super easy steps.
Let’s be quite honest…we all hate carrying lipstick in my purse when we are out. I know I hate having to reapply throughout my time out. I have better things to worry about besides my lipstick wearing off. After a little research and trial and error, I figured out the perfect way to make my lipstick last without the hassle of reapplying. It’s really simple and will only take just a few minutes.
Technically, I will say step on is to start with moisturized and exfoliated lips. Trust me as a lip biter, it is not cute if you apply lipstick on lips that you have not exfoliated. Are you are all nice and moisturized, let’s get started.
- Blot lips with a tissue to remove any excess oils or creams
- Apply a lip liner or matte lipstick
- Using a small eyeshadow brush, apply a light layer of translucent face powder. Not too much or your lips will look cakey. I use E.L.F. HD powder or Mary Kay’s Loose Face Powder
- Wait 15-30 seconds to allow the powder to absorb. This is the same method I used for applying concealer to my undereye. I want to make sure the color stays and doesn’t crease.
- Blot lips with a tissue to remove any excess powder
- Apply a layer of lipstick using a lip brush. This will give you a more consistent application.
- If you use a lip liner in step two and not lipstick, please repeat steps 2-6. If you applied lipstick, you are done. Time to enjoy your lip color!
What are your steps for how to make lipstick last longer while you are out and about?