Anyone who knows me knows my top two foods are Indian and Jamaican. I love Curry Chicken and Chicken Curry. Yes, there is a difference between the two. They are both delicious but Chicken Curry has a few more ingredients. I have been dying to find my dutchie pots so that I could make my curry chicken. I’ve tried a few places here in Atlanta and was greatly disappointed. Most were watered down and you couldn’t even taste the curry. The one place that has good curry doesn’t cut their chicken right so, you get bone fragments in your food. It’s a hot mess. Trust me!
If you didn’t know, I have another blog and YouTube channel. I’ve been sharing my weight loss journey there and with that, I’ve been sharing my cooking videos and recipes. I decided to post my Jamaican-style curry chicken recipe over there and thought I would share it here too. It’s too good not to share in both places. The recipe is keto-friendly, but you can add potatoes to make it more of a traditional curry.
Other notes about cooking the curry, you will need to adjust the amount of curry powder that you use with the amount of chicken that you cook…more chicken = more curry powder. Feel free to try this out and make it your own. Also, if you want the recipe for the green seasoning that I used in the video, please leave me a comment below.
Jamaican Style Curry Chicken
- 1.5 lbs Chicken
- 1 Tomato optional
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- 2 sprigs Green Onions
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper Or a pepper with similar heat
- 6 Whole Allspice
- 1 tsp Green Seasoning
- 1/2 C water
- 2 TBS Cooking Oil
- 2 tsp Curry Powder heaping teaspoons, separated
- Chop all veggies and add to the bowl of chicken to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from veggies
- Add cooking oil to a hot pan and cook half of the curry powder until brown and fragrant
- Add chicken to the pan and brown
- After chicken is brown on all sides add veggies to the pot
- add water and stir. Bring ingredients to boil
- Season meat with your favorite seasonings
- Cook until chicken is tender
I hope that you enjoy my curry chicken recipe.