One of my favorite this to cook is southern-style collard greens with smoked turkey wings. It reminds me of my grandmother and the love that she gave me. My grandmother’s love language was feeding people; now, mine is the same. I love cooking for and feeding others.
My collard green recipe is perfect for any time of the year and is perfect for the holidays. I’m sharing a video of how I cook them. In the recipe, I used smoked turkey but you can use your favorite smoked meat. Also, I normally use apple cider vinegar but was out on this day.
This recipe can be adapted to make it keto with one simple swap, sugar for Splenda. I didn’t mention sugar in the video but, I normally add about a tablespoon of sugar.
Let’s get to the video!
Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey
- 4 Bunches Collard Greens
- 2 Smoked Turkey Wings
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar Can substitute with Splenda
- 2 tbsp Chicken Grease Optional
- Clean greens and remove stems. While cleaning boil smoked meat for approximately 1 hour.
- Chop greens if the steams are large
- Add greens to the pot and cook for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, add seasoning and stir
- Cook for another hour, or until collards are tender
How do you make your collard greens with smoked turkey? Leave me a comment below.
Leave a Reply