Summer is almost here! I need to set my hair up to thrive during the next few months by figuring out my June hair goals. My summer regimen is a little different from my normal regimen. My hair needs a little more TLC during the summer months because I’m out in the sun and doing a bit more. I am sooo ready to hit the pool this weekend!
1. Install Havana Twist – I spent last summer doing Havana Twist for clients but I never had a chance to put them in for myself. Well, I’m going to do it this year for sure! I just have to make sure to make them bigger so they don’t weigh my hair down when I run or co-wash.
2. Co-wash 2xs per week – During the summer I work out more and I have to keep my scalp clean. I’m a hugger and I’m not about that stinky scalp life. I don’t want to hug someone and they are like, “Eww! When is the last time she washed her hair?” Plus, a clean scalp is necessary for hair growth.
3. Moisturize 3xs per week – I like to up my moisture during the summer because I’m cleaning my hair more. I’m prone to dryness and I have to stay on top of my moisture levels.
4. Length Check – I haven’t posted a length check since February and I cut my hair right after that length check. So I need to see where I am now once my hair is straightened. My new length goal is Tailbone Length (TBL). I think I can get there by the end of the year unless I decide to cut my texlaxed ends off and go natural.
5. Color My Hair – Can I tell you that my grey hairs in the front are waving at people again? Yes, they are being super friendly and I have to nip that right now.
So, that’s pretty much what I have planned to accomplish for the month. I have a few other things I need to work on but those are the core things that I really need to do for the month.
Do you have any hair or beauty goals for the month? What are they?