This Lemon Brownie Cheesecake recipe was sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc., and Splenda. All opinions are mine alone. #SplendaHoliday #CollectiveBias
I have a serious love affair with cheesecake and everyone who knows me knows it’s my favorite dessert. My cheesecake addiction is bad…I’ve been known to go to a particular cheesecake place and spend $70 on slices of cheesecake. I told you it’s bad. LOL!
After a while, I decided to start baking my own cheesecakes. I’m not a fan of a graham cracker crust, so I’ve experimented with a few different crusts. The brownie bottom is a favorite of my daughters. It takes a little more work, but it is so worth it in the end.
I have a few that are family favorites. Even my ex-husband has asked me to bake him one after we were divorced. Of course, I gave him the confused puppy look. I later found out my daughters were smuggling him my baking experiments. My daughters are characters.
Everyone seems to love my Lemon Brownie Cheesecake, so I decided to share it with you. I don’t use sugar and I haven’t in years. I only use SPLENDA® for anything that requires sugar; cooking, baking, drinks, etc. To me, it has the same sweetness without all of the calories of sugar. I made the switch when I started to pay attention to my sugar intake but more importantly, the sugar intake of my girls. I was shocked to learn that most Americans intake 22 teaspoons or more of sugar per day, which is three times the recommended daily allowance! That is crazy!
I hope you enjoy my Lemon Brownie Cheesecake recipe.
Lemon Brownie Cheesecake
- 1/2 C Coconut Flour
- 1/4 C Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 C SPLENDA®
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 C Walnuts coarsely chopped
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- 2 8 oz Packages Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C SPLENDA®
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Lemons juiced
- Zest of 1 Lemon
For Brownie Crust
- Starting with the brownie base and add ingredients in the order. Preheat oven to 300. You can use a springform pan or a 9 x13 pan.
- In a glass bowl or other microwave safe dish, melt the butter for 30- 45 seconds.
- In a small bowl add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and SPLENDA®. Whisk until well blended.
- Add dry mixture to a large mixing bowl blend butter, eggs, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Slowly added dry ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in walnuts by hand.
- Spread evenly at the bottom of a greased pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the brownie for the oven and let cool for 30 minutes. While it is cooling, mix filling ingredients.
For Cheesecake Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and eggs.
- Slowly add in SPLENDA® and blend until smooth. Then begin to add in remaining ingredients.
- Pour filling over cooled brownie bottom and spread evenly.
- Bake cheesecake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove the cheesecake from the over and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Place in the fridge to set completely for 2 hours or until cool. I prefer to leave in the fridge overnight.
- Top with your favorite topping and enjoy!
Apparently, others are getting hip to the benefits of swapping SPLENDA® during their holiday baking. I had to stop by two Walmarts to pick up a bag. Here’s where I found it at my local Walmart.
If you would like the recipe for the cherry topping, please let me know and I will be happy to post it this week.
To help promote their SPLENDA® SWEET SWAPS initiative, SPLENDA® is hosting a giveaway.
What topping would you serve with the Lemon Brownie Cheesecake?