Years ago, I gave up making resolutions as the New Year rolls around. Instead, I set goals for the year. Last year, my goal was to overcome my fear of driving and get back out there. I was able to reach that goal and I’m zipping around like I never had an accident…well, almost. I’m still afraid to drive in the rain. LOL!
For 2018, I have four goals: blog consistently, date more and find someone special, grow my hair to classic length, and finally lose all of my weight. Honestly, the easiest way to get my hair to classic length is to lose weight…less booty to cover. LOL!
Anywho, I want to share with you my personal fitness goals for 2018. What I hope to accomplish is so much more than just losing weight, but that is where I will start.
- Weight Loss – I won’t say how much weight I would like to lose in total, but my goal for 2018 is to lose 50lbs. I know it can be done, but I have to get focused and get serious. Plus, one of my girlfriends is getting married in Hawaii next January and I intend on wearing a two piece with no cover-up.
- Run, Girl! Run! – If you’ve been around here for a bit, you know that I love running. Unfortunately, 2017 was a crazy year and I seriously slacked off on hitting the pavement. Running for me is super relaxing and it allows me to clear my head. I would love to finally run a half marathon, but I’m going to be realistic by just trying to get back to where I was before I stopped running.
- Tone It Up – I seriously miss lifting weights. I know it sounds crazy but I started weight training when I was in high school. I was the only girl in the weight room and I really didn’t care. My legs were fabulous! So, in addition to running, I’m going to hit the gym and get my body all the way snatched. I don’t mind being a thick as long as I’m solid.
- Let’s Get Cute – I know this may sound strange but I want to change my workout gear a bit. I’m guilty of wearing super big shirts and black tights to workout. I typically don’t wear anything colorful because there is a lot going on with all of these hips and thighs. However, in the last few months, I’ve started to wear tights most days. Yep, I’ve become one of those people. LOL! But seriously, just because I’m fluffy doesn’t mean that I can’t look cute while I’m at the gym. I do want to get to point where I can stroll into the gym with a sports bra over a cute crop top without my tummy looking all bloated. Back in the day, I was bold enough to roll up in the gym with colorful pants with words printed across my behind. I was extra grown. LOL!
- Hydration Is Key – I’ve seriously been slacking on my water intake and I realize how essential drinking water is for overall health. Water is also essential for reaching your fitness goals. I’m trying to decrease my amount of caffeine and increase my water intake. I’m not quitting coffee…honestly, I can’t function in the morning without it. I’m just going to cut back on the amount of coffee that I drink daily. *Pray for me! This is going to be rough*
Overall, I think my goals are realistic and attainable. Right now, I’m losing weight by default because I still haven’t healed from having surgery on my throat. My biggest challenge is staying focused and not getting overwhelmed. I’m sure there are somethings that I haven’t thought of and will add later. For right now, I’m going to stroll over to the other lovely ladies that I’m collaborating with to see what their goals are for 2018.
Be sure to stop by the blogs listed below to see what personal fitness goals my blogging boos are sharing. I’m sure you will come up with a few ideas to get you started on your own personal goals. If you have some set already, please share them with me below.