Sometimes you do something so stupid that you want to kick your own butt. If you subscribe to me on YouTube, you know I recently had this happen. I had to ask myself, “What the hell were you thinking?” My last wash day was off from the start and I should have listen to the little voice that said don’t do it. Why must I be so stinking hardheaded? Sigh! Anywho, let’s do a quick run through of my wash day drama.
- Pre-poo: Mistake number one! I skipped my pre-poo and this is a big no no for me.
- Shampoo: Nothing eventful here…Just a normal shampoo in four braids using Agadir Moisturizing Shampoo.
- Deep Conditioning: This part went smoothly despite running out of raw honey. I made a quick sub for honey and all was well. I mixed Jessicurl Deep Treatment with one tablespoon each, Hemp Oil and Blackstrap Molasses. I have low porosity hair and it prefers deep conditioning with heat. I used my old school soft bonnet dryer to do a heated deep condition. I love those things and I have multiple!
- Detangling: Sigh! I moved this around because I did not want to take my braids down. I would normally detangle after shampooing while still in the shower. This time around, I detangled after I rinsed out my deep conditioner.
- Leave Ins: I used a few products because I was using heat to blow dry and flat iron. I used Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner, GVP Anti-snap, and GVP Silk Remedy
OK, I had a few hiccups during the wash session; however, the real wash day drama came in after I flat ironed and blow dried. Check out the video below for more deets.
My wash day was full of bad decision making on my part. All I can do now is suck it up and move on. I am chalking it up to just another lesson that I needed to learn. I am going to stick to the basics and only use shears to dust from now on.
Have you ever committed a serious hair mistake or crime? What happened?